Friday, November 19, 2010

Oh No She Didn't

Oh No She Didn’t: The Top 100 Style Mistakes Women Make and How to Avoid Them
By Clinton Kelly
Gallery Books, 2010. 201 pgs. Nonfiction

Clinton Kelly, the cohost of TLC’s popular What Not to Wear, has written a quick and conversational book outlining some of the big fashion no-no’s women continually embrace. He includes things like the mom pants, red lipstick, denim on denim, and wet hair ponytails. Clinton’s criticisms boil down to women not taking the time or thought necessary to really look their best.

I’ll be honest, I make some of Clinton’s 100 mistakes and I am not sure I’m ready to take all his instructions to heart. (Don’t make me throw away my hoodies! They may not be flattering, but they make me happy. I promise not to wear them to social functions, but I think they are still ok for a trip to the grocery store no matter what Clinton says!) But I do appreciate his reminders that beauty is within the grasp of everyone, we just need to decide to take the time and effort necessary to shine in our own special way.

CZ

No comments: