Thursday, October 24, 2019

The Institute

The Institute
By Stephen King
Scribner, 2019. 561 pages. Fiction

On a quiet night in suburban Minneapolis, Luke Ellis is taken from his home and his parents are murdered. He wakes up in a room that looks exactly like his own, but with no windows. He soon discovers that he has been taken to an institute for young people with special powers - telekinesis and telepathy - and there is no escaping their fate. They must cooperate with The Institute's director, Mrs. Sigsby, or be subjected to brutal punishment. What does she want with their powers? How will they escape?

I'm a huge Stephen King fan, so when I knew his next book was coming out I immediately put myself on the hold list for it. This one didn't disappoint! I enjoyed that it was a little bit different than his recent novels in that the enemy wasn't supernatural. It is, in fact, the "good guys" that are the supernatural/paranormal ones. I often have to keep the light on when reading King's books and this one was no different! If you like being kept in suspense, you'll enjoy The Institute.

LKA




No comments: