Saturday, November 10, 2018

Monster Hunter International

Monster Hunter International
by Larry Correia
Baen Books, 2009, 736 pgs, Sci-Fi

One day Owen Zastava Pitt got to live the true American Dream, he got to throw his horrible boss out of a fourteen story window and smush him with a desk when his boss turned into a werewolf and tried to kill him. Owen wakes up in the hospital covered with injuries, an notice from his accounting firm informing him he was fired due to breaking the no weapons at work policy, and a job offer. What the Feds don’t want you to know is monsters are real and everything you can imagine from a B-horror film is waiting in the shadows. Because there are all of these creatures there is also a team who hunt the things which hunt the edges of your nightmares, they are known as Monster Hunter International. Join Owen and a group of survivors as they go head to head with creatures which haunt normal peoples nightmares and earn a nice commission as they go.

Can I just say how much I loved this book? This was such a fun read for me; I loved the dialog between the characters. I LOVE OWEN and his views on running he and I agree 100%. He is a gun nut and it was really entertaining to read about how excited they got over the variety of gun modifications they were able to come up with. There is some language so some readers may not enjoy that but overall wonderful story wonderful plot and I hope you have as much fun reading this as I did.

MH

No comments: