Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Simple Sewing for Baby

Simple Sewing for Baby
By Lotta Jansdotter
Chronicle Books, 2009. 144 pgs. Nonfiction

Jansdotter provides directions for twenty-four sewing projects for babies and toddlers, including clothes, toys, and handy things for parents, like a nursing pillow and changing pad. The bright pictures make the book appealing, but some of the instructions weren't crystalclear to me. More experienced sewers might not have any trouble, though. One other thing I didn't like is that some of the clothes didn't specify the child's size; for example, a dress said the finished size is 17 inches, but I don't know what that translates to in baby clothes sizes. Overall, though, I'm happy with the things that I did make based on the book and I think this is a great resource.

AE

No comments: