Thursday, July 27, 2017

Don’t Make Me Think, Revisited

Don’t Make Me Think, Revisited: A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability
By Steve Krug
New Riders, 2014. Nonfiction. 200 pages

This book has been on my to-read list for a long time. After finally reading it, I can definitely say I wish I had read it sooner. For over 20 years, author Steve Krug has been a website usability consultant for a wide variety of clients like Apple, Bloomberg.com, Lexus.com, NPR, the International Monetary Fund, and many others. He uses this expertise to create a how to guide on creating good websites that are actually usable and useful.

This is not a technical guide on how to design a website but rather a practical look at topics such website usability standards, accessibility, avoiding wordiness, organization and hierarchy, and other related topics. I found this book very easy to read and understand. There are lots of illustrations and the overall feel of the book is lighthearted. It has definitely changed how I will approach web design from here on out.

AJ

No comments: