Saturday, July 30, 2016

The Anatomy of Peace

The Anatomy of Peace
By The Arbinger Institute
Berrett-Koehler, 2006. 232 pgs. Nonfiction

Lou and his wife are heartbroken but also very angry as they drop their son Cory off at a treatment center. Cory just spent a year in jail for a drug conviction and just months after getting released, gets caught stealing more prescription drugs. What Lou doesn't realize is that for two days, the parents are the ones who will be taught how to change the way they think and interact with those around them, and this is what will have the biggest impact on whether their kids turn their lives around.

I love when nonfiction books read like a novel because the story line holds my attention as I learn the self-improvement principles. This book builds on many of the principles in the book Leadership and Self-Deception but each book can be read by itself and still make perfect sense. I really look at every relationship in my life differently after reading this book. It has had a huge impact on how I deal with conflict. I highly recommend this book to everyone.

AL

1 comment:

Ann-Marie said...

This book gave me a lot to think about. I listened to it and am now anxious to look at a print copy so that I can see the charts referred to in the book. I think that this is a book that I'll want to revisit again because there was a lot of great information that I think I would benefit from in a future reading.