Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Passenger 19

Passenger 19 
by Ward Larsen
Oceanview Publishing, 2016. 328 pgs. Mystery

Jammer Davis has spent most of his life investigating aircraft accidents, but when he’s asked to look into a crash in the heart of the Colombian jungle, the investigation has stakes higher than any he’s ever experienced before, and not only because his daughter was on the plane that crashed. When the bodies of two passengers (including his daughter) can’t be found, and aspects of the plane crash don’t point to a mechanical failure, Davis starts to investigate further. The investigation takes him far beyond a simple plane crash and into the murky world of politics and scandals.

I realized that it was probably poor judgement on my part to read a book about a plane crash days before I take a plane trip of my own. That aside, I really enjoyed this book. The characters were interesting and well developed. Elements that seemed too convenient bothered me at first, but were later explained in a satisfying way. Though the book doesn’t reference any current politicians, it feels timely because politics do heavily affect the investigation. I can easily recommend this book, and am glad I read it.

 ACS

No comments: