Monday, December 22, 2014

They All Fall Down

They All Fall Down
By Roxanne St. Claire
Delacorte Press, 352 pgs. 2014. Young adult.

First off, let's talk about the cover. The cover really drew me in to read the description and get this book. It is unique in the plot that ten girls are chosen for something every year at their high school. When this list is published, Kenzie believes she was not supposed to be on it. She is not like any of the other girls and she definitely has no idea what his list means. It is a hot list basically, but with a twisted history. The mystery and the danger of being on this list create a suspenseful teen novel as Kenzie tries to save herself and at the same time, figure out which guy is for her.

I had high hopes for this book. I enjoyed a lot of the creepy parts of the story as far as what the list meant and how Kenzie was in danger. I liked the angst even of deciding between two boys. I could not get past some of the more unbelievable moments. And I am pretty easily entertained. There were too many parts that I just was not buying. It was however a very quick read, had some nail biting situations, and the main character was likable. Just go in knowing that some parts (especially the end) may not be what you expected.

EW

No comments: