Monday, December 22, 2014

The Silkworm

The Silkworm
By Robert Gilbraith
Mulholland Books, 464 pgs. 2014. Mystery.

Owen Quine is a novelist who goes missing and his wife asks private detective Cormoran Strike for help finding him. At first it was more because she figured she knew where he was, and was just avoiding the family. However, it soon turns out to be a grisly murder that is related to his not-yet published book. The novel would create a lot of problems for a lot of people if published, so Strike starts to investigate who would brutally murder him.

I actually liked this one so much better than the first. The pacing and the content was more entertaining to me, and I think I just grew to like the characters more. Comoran Strike is a gruff, sometimes cranky person but puts his whole heart in to his investigations. I liked the role his assistant, Robin, played in this one and I liked that it got more in to their personal lives. It was a good mystery, and the audio was great!

EW

No comments: