Friday, October 20, 2017

Worth the Wrestle

Worth the Wrestle
by Sheri Dew
Deseret Book, 2017. 104 pgs. Nonfiction

In this book Sheri Dew teaches that questions are good, and examines the process for using good questions to strengthen understanding, whether the questions are doctrinal, historical, procedural, or personal. She teaches how to use questions to become a seeker of truth by engaging in the spiritual wrestle to find answers. She uses personal stories to illustrate different parts of spiritual wrestling, and strongly testifies that engaging in the wrestle is worth the effort.

Sheri Dew gave a presentation at a conference I attended once and I loved it. Since then I have paid attention to the topics she writes about, but this is the first book of hers that I have read. This book spoke to me on many different levels, but I especially like how plain she is in it. She asserts that questions are good, but then she follows her assertion with guidance on how to find answers to said questions. I enjoyed this book so much that I will definitely be checking out her other books.
ER

No comments: