Saturday, August 20, 2016

Lady Helen Finds Her Song

Lady Helen Finds Her Song
By Jennifer Moore
Covenant Communications, 2016. 225 pgs. Romance

Lady Helen travels to India with her mother and new step-father, General Stackhouse. The General is being stationed in India to govern the British troops there. Helen know she is different than most of the other British women because right from the start she loves the new culture and all of the colors and sights of India. Captain Michael Rhodes is one of the first people Helen meets as she gets off the ship but it is the dashing Lieutenant Arthur Bancroft that takes her breath away.

I really enjoyed this Regency romance. I liked discovering more about the Indian culture and the part the British played in their history. Helen is a very likeable character that is just trying to find her place in the world. There was a bit of of love triangle in this book, but it wasn't over the top and it didn't bother me at all. I actually enjoyed getting to know all the different characters and I love books that have a happy ending.

AL

2 comments:

Jenny Moore said...

Thank you! What a nice review. You made my day!!

Jenny Moore said...

AL,
Thank you for such a lovely review.
You made my day!
Jennifer Moore