Saturday, June 11, 2016

Eat That Frog

Eat That Frog!: 21 Great Ways to Stop Procrastinating and Get More Done in Less Time
By Brian Tracy
Berrett-Koehler Publishers, 2007. 128 pgs. Nonfiction

Brian Tracy starts this book by saying that there is no way to ever get to everything that we want to in life. The important thing is to prioritize your tasks and get the most important ones done first. I know that this is not anything new, but I liked the way he created a visual picture for the reader. He compared getting things done to knowing that you have to eat a frog every day. The best thing to do is to get up in the morning and eat the frog right away. That way, everything else you do the rest of the day will be easier and you won't waste as much time trying to avoid it.

There are a lot of books about procrastination. The thing I liked best about this particular book was that it was short and I was able to finish it quickly. I also liked that he didn't spend time on the psychology of procrastination, he just jumped right in to giving practical tips that I can apply to my life right now. This book, while not groundbreaking, is a great reminder of little things we can all do to become more productive. The tips have already made a difference in my life.

AL

No comments: