Monday, December 22, 2008

The Graveyard Book

THE GRAVEYARD BOOK: Neil Gaiman: HarperCollins: Young Adult:312 pages

After his family is killed by a man named Jack, Nobody Owens wanders into a cemetery and is adopted and raised by the ghosts who live there. Years later, Jack discovers Nobody in the cemetery and Nobody must use all the skills he’s learned in the graveyard to survive. This is a terribly fun story with an imaginative premise that remains light-hearted despite the fact that it revolves around the murder of a family.

MBC

3 comments:

AJ said...

I listened to this book on CD. It is narrated by the author, Neil Gaiman. Typically authors are not the best choice to narrate a book, but Gaiman does not fall into this category. He is as accomplished as any professional voice actor. He has unique voices for all the characters.

I have listened to some of Gaiman's other books that he narrated and they were just as good. I highly recommend listening to this book.

Suzanne said...

The book has illustrations by Dave McKean. If you listen to the audio you still might want to pick up the book to look at the drawings. SH

Maegan said...

So I have heard mixed reviews about this book ever since I have started working at the library and I just finished it and I really enjoyed it. I loved listening to it I enjoyed reading it and looking at the artwork that was included in the middle. Overall I found the book very interesting and enjoyable and I had a lot of fun with it.