Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Sundays at Tiffany's

SUNDAYS AT TIFFANY'S: James Patterson and Gabrielle Charbonnet: Little, Brown and Company: Fiction: 309 pgs.

Jane was supposed to forget her imaginary friend when he left the day following her 9th birthday. However, she never did. Twenty years into the future, she once again needs someone to believe in her and hold her hand through the trials of life. For his part, Michael (professional imaginary friend) has never loved a child like he loved Jane and when he sees her again years after his departure he is unable to avoid entangling himself in her life.

I became a fan of James Patterson’s more sentimental books when I read Suzanne’s Diary for Nicholas, which remains one of my favorite books. Sundays at Tiffany’s was a little cheesier than I had expected and the fanciful “imaginary friend” aspect caught me by surprise. But this is still a fun, light, romantic comedy…just be prepared to suspend belief a little.

CZ

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

This was my first James Patterson novel; I agree it was a little on the cheesy side, but it's good for one of those days when you need a feel-good, happy-ending book.