Friday, November 9, 2007

The Adventures of Tom Sawyer

THE ADVENTURES OF TOM SAWYER: Mark Twain: Tor Book: Young Adult: 235 pages

From playing pirates on a deserted island to attending his own “funeral,” from exploring a bat-filled underground cave to digging for treasure in a haunted house, Tom Sawyer is a genius at getting himself and his friends into and out of sometimes dangerous adventures.

When he and his pal, Huck Finn, stumble on a midnight murder, Tom almost meets his match in evil Injun Joe. Joe has hidden a golden, ill-gotten treasure that Tom means to find…if Joe doesn’t get him first!

Being from Missouri I have no idea how I haven’t read this book before! I loved reading about Tom’s adventures and all of the predicaments he gets himself into. Since I have been to the Mark Twain Cave in Hannibal, MO I could clearly picture Tom and Becky’s exploration of the cave. This book was a fun read and I would recommend it to anyone.

AMM

No comments: