Monday, October 30, 2017

Dark Breaks the Dawn

Dark Breaks the Dawn 
by Sara B. Larson
Scholastic Press, 2017, 307 pgs Young Adult

Princess Evelayn of Eadrolan is the Princess of the Light Kingdom and when she turned 18 she came into the full strength of her power. Her kingdom has been at war for the last ten years when Princess Evalayn came into her full power. Shortly after coming into her power Evelayn’s mother dies in the field of battle making her the queen. This book follows the story of Evelayn as she tries to pull her country out of the field of battle and bring balance to her land.

This was a very compelling novel, I was on the edge of my seat all the way to the end and once I got there I was wishing the second book was out already. This is a retelling of Swan Lake, I really enjoyed listening to it I think some of the words would be hard to pronounce without the reader reading it. I loved the growth of the characters and the development of the relationships. I liked the concept of the magic in this world. If you like fairy tale retelling
this may be the book for you.

MH

No comments: