Monday, February 25, 2019

The Cross of Lead

The Cross of Lead
by Avi
Hyperion Books For Children, 2002. pgs 262, Young Adult

On the day of his mother’s funeral a 14th century peasant boy called Asta’s Son is accused of murder and must flee his village never to return. On his path to avoid detection from the village enforcer he comes across a juggler and together they begin an adventure of a life time.

I enjoyed this book more than I thought I would. I really enjoyed the plot and the process of Crispin discovering his name and what that meant to him. This is one of the few books I would not recommend listening to. It was voiced by an older man and his tones and pace did not fit the story. So if you tried listening to it and his voice got in the way I would totally recommend trying again and just reading the book because at that point I really enjoyed the story and taking a step back in time which is very different from the world I have experienced.

MH

No comments: