Thursday, January 24, 2019

Handmade Houseplants


by Corrie Beth Hogg
Timber Press, 2018. 298 pgs. Nonfiction

Learn how to make realistic plants from paper in this debut book. There are instructions at the beginning for the various techniques and materials used, as well as details for each project. These include tools, materials, and finished size. There are cutting and painting templates included, some of which do need enlargement. There are 30 different plants included with colors ranging from light green to pink and purple.

I am moving soon and want to add some greenery to my house. However, I am very bad at keeping plants alive, and thought that paper might be a good alternative. There are over 70 pages of instructions at the beginning, which felt a little overwhelming, but once I got into the individual projects, it was easy to find specific ones that I liked and only focus on those materials and techniques. I especially liked the variety of colors, sizes, and shapes that were included. I felt that some plants looked more realistic than others, but overall the book felt comprehensive and makes me want to try at least a few of the plants.

TT

No comments: