Saturday, November 15, 2008

Well of Ascension

WELL OF ASCENSION: Brandon Sanderson: Tor: Fantasy: 590 pgs.

This is the second book of the "Mistborn" trilogy. It continues the story of the the Final Empire with the establishment of a new government. Although it was long, I read it quickly, or I should say, I put off a lot of other things in order to read the book.

The story had many twists and turns and the characters were great. It did drag just a little for me as it talked about the theories of government and there was a lot of fighting and carnage, but I still loved it. For a second book in a trilogy I felt it did a good job of developing the characters and moving the story along. There was not as much closure at the end of the book as there was in "Mistborn" so I'm glad the third book "Hero of Ages" is already published. A great recommendation for any fantasy reader and even some that aren't.
AL

1 comment:

Brooke S. said...

I just picked up Mistborn and I'm glad to see that if I like it, there's more!