Saturday, November 19, 2016

Magic Bites

Magic Bites 
by Ilona Andrews
Ace Books, 2007. 260 pages. Fantasy

Kate Daniels is a mercenary whose main job is to clean up paranormal messes. She finds out at the beginning of the book that some monster has killed her guardian. Kate goes to the Knights Order to persuade them to let her work her uncle’s case. As she investigates the murder she gets caught between The People (Vampires) and the shape shifters (werewolves, werebadgers…) who both blame the other for the deaths of their people. Kate is way over her head and doesn’t mind it that way.

I have fallen in love with this series.I will admit this one is a little slow going at first I really had to push myself through the first 50-60 pages but around 80 pages the story really picked up for me. I have read about one book from this series a day since I finished this first one. There is some language, but overall it is a really compelling paranormal fantasty with plenty of action to keep you entertained.

MHhttps://provo.ent.sirsi.net/client/en_US/pl/search/detailnonmodal/ent:$002f$002fSD_ILS$002f0$002fSD_ILS:262462/email?qu=magic+bites&d=ent%3A%2F%2FSD_ILS%2F0%2FSD_ILS%3A262462~ILS~0

No comments: