Monday, December 27, 2010

Traitor

Traitor
By Sanda Grey
Covenant Communications, 2008. 372 pgs. Historical fiction

American Marie Jacobson parachutes into France to join her fiancé Felix who is part of the French Resistance against the Nazis. However, shortly after she joins him, and his cause, Felix is killed and she is captured. Major Rolf Schulmann, her captor, seems kind, but he's a Nazi, so she resists him. However, Rolf is a Latter-day Saint, and despite the fact that he is a Gestapo officer, is often working against his country. As he seeks to protect Marie, both of their lives--and their hearts--are in danger.

My biggest complaint with this book is that is has a cliffhanger ending! I didn't realize that when I picked it up that this was part of a series. I love reading books set during World War II, and it was very interesting to read about the conflict an LDS Nazi officer would experience within his own heart and conscience. I didn't think the relationship between Rolf and Marie was developed as well as it could have been, but I'm eager to continue with the series.

AE

No comments: