Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Grimm Legacy

The Grimm Legacy
By Polly Shulman
G. P. Putnam's Sons, 2010. 325 pp. Young adult fiction.

In this wonderful fantasy story, Elizabeth Rew, high school student, gets an after-school job working as a page in the New-York Circulating Material Repository, compared to a library that loans out special items. Little does she suspect the route her life will take because of the job, particularly when she is granted access to the mysterious Grimm Collection, full of powerful, magical items. However, when someone is suspected of stealing the Grimm items, Elizabeth's quiet life erupts into a dangerous, mad dash to catch the thief.

Filled with mystery, magic, and gentle romance, this is an excellent read that is wonderfully written. I enjoyed it so much that I was sad when I finished the book because I wanted the story to continue! The characters are well developed and the storyline is beautifully original with elements of familiarity. A fantastic read for anyone looking for an adventurous, magical story.

CW

1 comment:

Kami said...

Intriguing! I will have to add this to my to-read list. Thanks for the review.