Monday, November 30, 2009

Dragon Slippers

Dragon Slippers
By Jessica Day George
Bloomsbury, 2007. 324 pgs. Young Adult
Orphaned after a fever epidemic, Creel befriends a dragon and unknowingly inherits an object that can either save or destroy her kingdom.

I’ve owned this book for a few years, but had not read it until a week or so ago. I picked it up on a whim, not sure how I would like it since I’m not a big fan of talking dragons.

However I couldn’t put this book down. It was the perfect blend of adventure, romance, and fantasy. In fact after finishing Dragon Slippers I found out that it was the first in a trilogy, so I spent much of my Thanksgiving weekend reading the rest of the trilogy.

AMM

1 comment:

Maegan said...

This is one of my favorite books! I loved the blend of adventure and dialogue. I found the main characters plot compelling and such a fun use of magic in that particular world. I really found this a solid trilogy which was a delightful easy read. MH