Friday, June 26, 2020

Will My Cat Eat My Eyeballs?: Big Questions from Tiny Mortals about Death

Will My Cat Eat my Eyeballs?: Big Questions from Tiny Mortals about Death
by Caitlin Doughty W.W. Norton & Company, 2019. 222 pages. Nonfiction.

If you are a mortician and a funeral director, you may get a lot of questions about death. Caitlin Doughty certainly does. But she never expected that the most interesting questions would come not from grieving adults, but from the curious minds of children. This book is a charming collection of Doughty’s hilarious answers to actual questions asked of her by tiny mortals. Will my cat (or dog) eat me if I die? What happens when someone dies on an airplane? Can I keep my friend’s skull as a keepsake?

This book is informative, slightly irreverent, and laugh-out-loud funny. Each chapter is short and easily digestible, so it makes for a great book on the go. Even though this is found in the adult nonfiction section, Caitlin Doughty wrote the book with children in mind, so I found it to be a great book to read aloud with my children. A fun and easy read that will give you a lot to talk about around the dinner table—or maybe you’ll want to talk about it somewhere else.

ALL

No comments: