Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Mother's Milk: Poems in Search of Heavenly Mother

Mother's Milk: Poems in Search of Heavenly Mother
by Rachel Hunt Steenblik
Salt Lake City, UT : BCC press, [2017]. 177 pages. Nonfiction.
In this warm new collection of poems, Rachel Hunt Steenblik (Mormon Feminism: Essential Writings) explores the deep, human longing for a divine mother that many dream of knowing.
I really didn’t know what to expect when I picked up this book. I was curious, and being a new mother myself wanted to read something about mothers and motherhood. This book struck a chord within me that no other book has ever reached before. These thoughts, ideas, and words on a Heavenly Mother feel so familiar and intimate, especially because I am a mother. I would recommend this book to mothers and those who are interested in learning more about Heavenly Mother in Latter-day Saint doctrine. 

NS

No comments: