Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Iron and Magic

Iron and Magic 
by Ilona Andrews
NYLA, 2018, 406 pgs. Fantasy

 Hugh d’Ambray Warlord of the Builder of Towers has only ever served Roland a nearly omnipotent master who has cast him aside. Hugh is broken but when his Iron Dogs appeal to him for safety he has a decision to make, drink himself to death or be the leader his men need him to be. When Elara Harper needs some mercenaries to keep her people safe she will stop at nothing not even marrying the warlord over the men she needs to protect her castle.

 Alright so if you have not been reading the Kate Daniels Series put this book down until you have read everything from Magic Bites to Magic Binds, it makes a difference I promise. While it is technically a standalone series everything will be so much better if you have all the background. That being said I really had a lot of fun with this branch of the story! I laughed so much and Elara and Hugh fought over the moat and held my breath right along with the characters as they fought necromancers and vampires. Not a clean read but I really enjoyed myself.

MH

No comments: