Thursday, October 15, 2009

A Touch of Dead

A Touch of Dead
By Charlaine Harris
Ace Books, 2009. 192 pgs. Mystery

This is a collection of the 5 previously published short stories starring Harris’s telepathic waitress, Sookie Stackhouse. If you are craving a taste of your favorite southern vampires, this compilation gives you just that, and nothing more. Not that I didn’t enjoy them, they just left me wanting more and I have to wait until the next novel comes out before getting it.

I was a little confused by the arrangement of the stories and how they fit into the Sookie’s saga and I really wish I could have read them in order as they were published. My advice for anyone diving into this great vampire series is to incorporate these stories into your chronological reading list. I really wish I would have been able to do that myself.

CZ

No comments: