Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Holes

Holes
by Louis Sachar
New York, Straus and Giroux, 2008. 265pgs. Young Adult Fiction

Due to the curse that his no good dirty rotten pig stealin great great grandfather got cast on the members of his family, Stanley Yelnats is being sent to a miserable correctional camp in Green Lake, Texas for a crime he didn’t commit. He was just in the wrong place at the wrong time just like every other member of his family. In this miserable camp in Texas Stanley discovers his first real friend and a new sense of self.

I love Holes it has been one of my favorite books for a very long time. This book is one of the few books to movies where both formats were absolutely fantastic. Stanley starts out as an unlucky nobody and overtime and through finding a true friend amazing things happen. This is a book that I read very frequently and it makes me happy every time.



 MH

1 comment:

Liz said...

Holes is also one of my favorite books! This book is the type to appeal to all young readers and one that can get non-readers interested. It's an engaging story with characters you can really love. Dialogue is well-crafted and funny so your attention is hooked. I first read this book in 6th grade and that was perfect timing since suggested readership is grade 5-8. Overall a very likeable book that I'd recommend!