Saturday, August 5, 2017

Present Over Perfect: Leaving Behind Frantic for a Simpler, More Soulful Way of Living

Present Over Perfect: Leaving Behind Frantic for a Simpler, More Soulful Way of Living
By Shauna Niequist
Zondervan, 2016. 236 pgs. Nonfiction

Shauna wrote five books in nine years and has spent considerable time on the road promoting those books and speaking to audiences of various sizes. As she started to realize the toll this schedule was taking on herself and her family, Shauna knew that something needed to change. In this book she writes essays on how she is making changes for the better and how these changes are not always quick or easy.

I really enjoy Shauna's writing and have read several of her other books. These essays gave me a lot to think about and consider how I can make changes in my own life. In particular, I loved the essays entitled You Put Up the Chairs, On Stillness, and Heart and Yes. I'd recommend this book to anyone who's looking for ways to find a little more peace in their crazy schedules.

AMM

1 comment:

AL said...

I am at the point in my life where I realize that I feel out of control most days and am searching for ways to simplify my life and find more peace. This was the perfect book to listen to. The author tells of how she realized her life was not bringing her the happiness she wanted. She decided to slow down, to spend more time being quiet, to say no sometimes. Her words and ideas really resonated with me! Now I just wish she would come make the changes in my life so that I don't have to figure out how to do it on my own.