Monday, March 19, 2012

If I Should Die

If I Should Die
by Jennie Hansen
Covenant Communications, 2011. 235 pgs. Mystery

One morning, Kallene’s running partner Linda confides in her that she is having serious marital problems and is considering filing for divorce. The next day, Linda has disappeared and Kallene reports her missing when Linda’s husband refuses to acknowledge her fear that something is wrong. Soon Kallene finds herself involved in an increasingly dangerous police investigation, as well as trying to sort out her feelings for two different men: Linda’s brother and the lead detective assigned to the case.

I thought the mystery element of this book was well-done and I was kept guessing until the end. This book was more romantic suspense than straight mystery and I wasn’t expecting so much focus on the love story, but it is a good, quick read for a rainy afternoon (just make sure your doors are locked before you start the book).

JC

No comments: