Monday, June 2, 2008

Lincoln: a Photobiography

LINCOLN: A PHOTOBIOGRAPHY: Russell Freedman: Clarion Books: Biography: 150 pgs

Though this biography is short, it covers his childhood, early political career, family life, difficulties while being the President of the United States including dealing with the Civil War, and his assassination with enough detail to get a picture of who the man really was.

What I enjoyed most about the book is learning the humorous side of Lincoln as shown in this example from the book: “When a rival called him ‘two faced’ during a political debate, Lincoln replied: ‘I leave it to my audience. If I had another face, do you think I’d wear this one?’”

A Newberry Award winner, this book is filled with photographs and illustrations on almost every page making it enjoyable for teens and adults alike.

KK

No comments: