Friday, May 9, 2008

Montmorency: thief, liar, gentleman?

MONTMORENCY: THIEF, LIAR, GENTLEMAN?: Eleanor Updale: Orchard Book: Young Adult: 232 pgs.

Montmorency, a thief, mortality injured during his capture by the police, is saved by a young physician in exchange that he be released from prison on certain days to attend scientific lectures with the physician as an exhibit. While at these lectures Montmorency becomes determined that when he is released from prison he to will live a life like these men who attend- wealthy. Then one night attending the lectures, he discovers a way to make it happen using the new sewer system going in Victoria London .

Fast enjoyable read that will appeal to teen guys and adults. One of my favorites I have read this year.

KK

2 comments:

lw said...

I listened to it on tape, and really liked it, too. Such an interesting character, eh?

BHG said...

I really enjoyed reading this, and it was so quick, it only took me a day or two to finish. I really enjoyed the characterizations.