Friday, December 7, 2007

LAST HEROES

LAST HEROES: W.E.B. Griffin: G.P. Putnam: 1997: Fiction: 342 pages

This is the first in the five part “Men at War” series. Set during the time the United States is beginning its involvement in World War II, Griffin gives us some insight on the beginnings of the OSS. He introduces us to a couple of fictional hot shot pilots and their friends. Their main goal is “whatever it takes” to secure the rare ore that will power a new weapon – the atomic bomb. I listened to the Book On Tape audio version. Despite the fact that this book contains way too much sex for my liking AND there is an excessive amount of offensive language AND I had to adjust to the reader’s not so pleasing voice, I actually found myself sort of caught up in the story. I do wish it had a bit more “military action.” I will read the next one because I want to know what happens. Not recommended to anyone who takes offense at sex or language.

mpb

No comments: